User Privacy Statement
Effective Date: December 16th 2015
Weather Creative Inc. collects information about you when you use our Weather Puppy mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. Weather Creative Inc. is referred to herein collectively as “Weather Creative” or “we”).
Scope of Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services (“Users”).
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, and other information you choose to provide.
Information we collect through your use of our services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your purchases of our Services, including the type of purchase, date and time of the purchase, amount charged, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, preferred language, advertising identifiers, and mobile network information. We do not collect your permanent device identifier or serial number.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, and app crashes and other system activity.
- Location Information: When you enable and use location-based services with our Services, our partners and we may utilize certain geographic tracking technology, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device, to determine real-time geographic location of your computer or mobile device. This location information is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Weather Creative and its partners to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Important infromation about platform permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Weather Puppy app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Weather Puppy app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Use of information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to develop new features, provide customer support to Users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Weather Creative or others;.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics and advertising services provided by others
We will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Weather Creative does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Our Application is intended for general audiences over the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years old. If you are not over 13 years old, DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THIS APPLICATION.
If we are notified that a child under 13 has provided personal information, we will delete that information as soon as reasonably possible. If you become aware that a child under 13 has provided such information, please send us a detailed email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can delete this information.
Changes to the statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com, or write us at Weather Creative Inc., 261 NE 1st St., Suite 519, Miami, FL 33132.